Cyber Threats You Should Be Aware Of
With the internet growing at the rate it is, our businesses are becoming more and more susceptible to being hacked. The scary thing is no business is safe. Hackers don’t discriminate. From small law firms and mom and pop stores to large corporations and retailers, we should always keep an eye out for hackers on the web. Crypto Secure Vault is dedicated to helping businesses protect themselves from the growing threats of the online world.
What Kind of Threats Are We Talking About?
Most commonly, we picture hackers dressed like burglars in cartoons—dark clothing, black ski masks and beanies, their eyes blackened out, glowing in front of a bright computer screen. But this isn’t usually the case. Hackers can be anyone with a computer. They can even be automated bots created to infect your computer and steal your information.
There are multiple kinds of threats you should be wary of as a business owner. These include:
- Ransomware - When a hacker uses ransomware, they typically target a cloud service, locking down your files and then demanding money from you in exchange for access once again. This kind of threat can harmful if you store your information only in the cloud without backing it up. At Crypto Secure Vault, our high-powered cloud storage actively fights against ransomware, so you can relax a bit.
- Artificial Intelligence - While artificial intelligence can be used for some pretty amazing things, it can also be used to carry out a cyber attack. Specifically, hackers can use phishing—a popular tool used by hackers—to trick you into sharing sensitive information. They can use artificial intelligence to quickly and more intelligently send out real-looking messages to more targets.
- Data Breaches - Just as with Equifax and Yahoo, other, big-name companies may face the same issues. It’s important to share your information only with companies you can trust.
How Can I Protect Myself?
Fortunately, these potential threats aren’t without potential solutions. A couple of things you can do to protect your business is to:
- Use a cloud storage that is guaranteed to actively fight against hackers and keep your files safe.
- Work with cybersecurity consultants to ensure your cyber risk management techniques are up to date and effective.
- Practice safe internet etiquette: don’t trust emails that appear to be phishing, don’t share sensitive information over email or social media, and be wary of using unsecured networks, such as free wifi at a coffee shop.
Fighting Cyber Threats with Crypto Secure Vault
Navigating the ever-changing world of cyber threats can be difficult, but you don’t have to do it alone. Contact Crypto Secure Vault today for more information!